The Metropolitan Police says it has received a number of sexual offence allegations against Russell Brand in London and elsewhere in the country.
It says the alleged offences are all non-recent.
A Met statement said: “Following an investigation by Channel 4’s Dispatches and The Sunday Times, the Met has received a number of allegations of sexual offences in London.
“We have also received a number of allegations of sexual offences committed elsewhere in the country and will investigate these.
“The offences are all non-recent.
“Officers will be offering specialist support to all of the women who have made allegations.”
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Brand denies all the allegations against him, says all his relationships were consensual, and has not been charged with any offences.
He is shortly due to start a live stream on video platform Rumble.
In a video on YouTube last week – which has removed his ability to make advertising revenue from his work – he said it had been a “distressing” time for him after the allegations emerged.
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.
Please refresh the page for the fullest version.